20 Vacation Savings Tips to Help you Save
Are you in desperate need of a vacation? Do the words “I need a Vacation” feel like they have never rang truer? Turn your dreams into reality by using these 20 cool vacation savings tips from Green Leaf Loan Group to help get you onto your vacation and make your vacation more affordable. Try to remember, vacations are meant to be fun.
A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.
A vacation frequently means that the family goes away for a rest, accompanied by a mother who sees that the others get it.
20 Vacation Savings Tips
- Fill the gas tank before returning your rental car.
- Avoid expensive taxis by using public transportation such as subways, metros and buses.
- Research local restaurants and pricing and plan your meals before your trip.
- Request a hotel room with a refrigerator and cook your own meals (crock pots make travel cheeper!)
- Pack pre-made lunches, especially when traveling with kids.
- Travel at night to avoid paying an extra night at the hotel.
- Ask the hotel for a free room upgrade.
- Share a room or book a suite instead of booking 2 rooms.
- Search the local chamber website or internet to find deals and coupons.
- Book the smallest size car feasible and ask for a free upgrade when picking up the car.
- Be flexible on travel dates and book/travel mid-week when traffic and prices are lowest.
- Consider bundling your vacation and booking through a travel site or agency to get a discount.
- Take time to plan your trip and buy everything beforehand to avoid shopping in resort towns.
- Ask your hotel concierge for local deals, coupons and inexpensive vacation activities.
- Ask your hotel concierge for free items like combs, razors, tooth paste and even tooth brushes.
- Look into online discount travel sites like Groupon Getaways.
- Sign up for frequent traveler rewards points through airlines and hotels.
- Find out what discounts hotels offer when booking the room (AAA, Military, AARP, Clubs).
- Don’t break the bank on travel toys and purchases.
- Save Money on a Hotel By Not Staying In One. (Home swaps available all over the world HomeExchange.com)
Sometimes Vacation Savings Tips Arn’t Enough
Enjoy the vacation savings tips but if you run short of cash or run into an emergency while on vacation then think of Green Leaf Loan Group as a good source for emergency vacation cash.
Vacation Savings Tips or Vacation Loans?
If you have the means to pay back a loan quickly then you may choose to take out a vacation loan for the whole vacation but remember to borrow responsibility and use the vacation savings tips as much as possible.